View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #65
Leo535mt
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i mt

Question

Mine happened 8 months ago and the dealer replaced the battery for a bad cell then it happened again 2 months latter I took it back in and they updated the software and never had the problem again. Even though I always engage my parking brake since my car is a manual and I park on a slight incline so for me the issue was fixed....

I installed the JB4 stage 2 about 2 weeks ago with the latest firmware and never had the warning light pop up like many others were experiencing and saying it was due to the JB4.
Today after letting my car sit for almost 20 hrs overnight. On a 64+ weather The warning light came back on. I suspect the culprit is that after driving it hard yesterday with the added stress that the tune puts on the turbo and parking the car without letting the turbos have time to cool off properly. I think the car must activate the cooling fans after the car is shut off to cool off the turbos and thus creating the increase discharge warning.
What's your thoughts on my theory? Have you noticed the light after you have driven you car hard and immediately parking it and letting it sit overnight?
Appreciate 0