Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60
Everyone:

Very few amongst us are professional photographers. Add that people here don't usually use high end cameras, they use point and click style or their iPhone. With sun, shade, dealer showroom lights and posting them on the internet is going to usually equal poor quality pictures.

Go to your local dealer if you want to see the exact colors. Even the professionally done BMW brochures are way off at times.

If you like a brown interior you'll probably like this one. Saddle, then came Cinnamon and now we have Mocha. All nice interior colors IMHO.

Picked up my new Space Gray/Mocha Nappa/Anthracite Trim ride today.

A Smilie type and number for each week I waited:

:happy anim:

arty 0030:

I have pics from my iPhone, but won't post them here.

I'll take pics with a good camera of mine and post them in the near future. The entire car has 3 basic colors that compliment each other extremely well: Gray, Black and Brown with some aluminum. The M Sport Line comes with a black headliner, black carpet and black dashboard. BMW calls the headliner Anthracite, but it's black. Anthracite trim actually has browns, grays and black in it- why does the BMW Marketing Department confuse people like this? There's some aluminum trim, but not much in the dashboard/armrest and the new style awesome steering wheel- believe it's from the 6 Series. The wheels are beautiful alloy and happy that the black tires are made by Continental.

Trying to stay with the topic of the this thread: colors and how they match up with the new Mocha Nappa Leather interior.

Mocha has some burgundy in it which rich brown colors many times have. Think "cordovan" leather- more the type of leather, than the color. It looks like an old briefcase of mine and a current wallet. Cordovan leather is made from the butt of a horse- it's the most durable and arguably the highest quality leather that one may buy. It looks like cordovan leather, it obviously is not.

Now that the 2014 5's are arriving, do yourself a favor and go check it out in person. I'm a lousy photographer and even the professionally done BMW pics that I and others posted won't do this handsome color justice. It's difficult to capture exact hues and textures on the Internet even if the pics are well done.

Have you seen a caricature of myself doing the happy dance lately?

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 09-30-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0