View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
Can anyone tell me what the standard sound system is like on an f10/11. I am coming from a e90 where I made the fatal mistake of not upgrading the sound and had to make do with the aftermarket alpine kit.

Looking at a nearly new/demo 5’er and not many of them have upgraded sound. Is it something I should insist on?
As other posters have said, if you found the E90 basic sound lacking, it is likely to be the same for the F10/11.

My E39 had the speaker upgrade, so when in the E90/1 demo cars found the basic sound not quite good enough. So went to the next level up, the optional speaker upgrade. When testing the F10/11 found a similar situation, so when looking at nearly new 5-series wanted the speaker upgrade as a minimum requirement. My 535i does have the business speaker upgrade, and the sound system performs to a similar level as the E91 upgrade, perhaps a little better.

I'm not into needing hi-fi performance in the car, but do find the basic BMW system just doesn't give a good enough quality.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0