View Single Post
      12-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

Wheel, wheel weight, offset and suspension Information/Questions

Going to try to put all the questions in one thread. I've been doing a bunch of searches and not sure I've found definitive answers on these questions in previous threads.

1. What's the logic behind staggered wheel setups specifically for AWD cars? It definitely makes sense for RWD cars. All of my previous AWD cars had non-staggered set ups. Is it just aesthetics?

2. Without lowering the car and with the stock (square) 19x8.5 m-sport wheels and tires, what spacers would I need to get the wheels more flush with the fender? (can use the spacer and stock offset to calc proper offset for aftermarket wheels and tires of different widths.)

3. When lowering the car with let's say H&R springs, the added camber will push the tops of the wheel inside the fender a bit so what sized spacers would be needed to get the wheels flush when lowered on H&R? (can use the spacer and stock offset to calc proper offset for aftermarket wheels and tires of different widths.)

4. Are non-drivetrain aftermarket parts the same between the 535 xDrive and 535D xDrive? such as springs? On H&R's website there is one part number listed for springs for the 535D (non xDrive) and a different one for 535 xDrive but none for the 535D xDrive. Assuming the 535 xDrive part will fit the 535D xDrive?

5. What does a typical spring installation cost?

6. On a previous car I intsalled aftermarket wheels and tires that were 11lbs per corner lighter, and had 12mm wider offset. The result was definitely noticeable in both acceleration, braking and handling. While weight isn't my primary concern I would like the lightest good looking aftermarket wheels I could find. Obviously forged would be the lightest, but taking cost into account I think that flow formed wheels are a good balance of price, strength and weight. What are the lightest 20 inch flow formed wheels?

thanks in advance for the info.
Appreciate 0