View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
aderoz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 Sport Dark Graphite

Ditto... and Heads Up for new owners

Hoss - Good report out. Same experience here... I'm also pushing 1,000 miles after 3 weeks of ownership. Coincidentally, I do have the same color and specs as yours except that I have Beige interior and HUD (Heads Up Display) which I really really enjoy especially when I use it with Navigation. With HUD, road directions are much clearer, turn arrows are right in your face and you can always keep your eyes on the road without looking down. Most of my miles is the 300+ I picked up when I drove home from Southern California to the San Francisco Bay Area after taking delivery from a SoCal dealership - best deal I could find when I ordered in mid-April and it was worth way more than my one-way plane ticket to take delivery of the car. As you mentioned, ride is as smooth as silk in Comfort mode. Overall, a great driving experience so far.

Having not seen it, I gambled on Dark Graphite (Sophisto) when I ordered and boy am I happy with it! Depending on the time of the day, I really like the different shades and accents the color gives me - just like a reserved chameleon. I love it best in late afternoons when it is solid deep gray and then at high noon the metallic sparkles come out and you'll think the car is a different color altogether.

Seizing this opportunity to give a heads up to all new owners...Be very careful about what you put in the coin box and the cup holder trays in the center console. Do not store coins or similar items in them!! I did this and somehow I could not get both trays to latch or open properly because the coins found their way into crevices in the trays. I ended up at the dealer only to be told that they must remove the whole center console in order to get to the coins which had interrupted the open and close mechanisms. Imagine your new car being taken apart after just 3 weeks. So I went home and used my ingenuity using folded paper and a small hair tweezer to force the coins out. After about an hour or so, and many tries, I was able to get a nickel, a dime and a quarter out of the crevices. Now both tray mechanisms are working fine.
Appreciate 0