View Single Post
      09-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #74
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

I changed from a wonderful 325 m-sport coupe to my 520d m-sport with Sport Auto, and my self and colleagues alike predicted an unhappy three year tenure-ship which is almost exactly 2/3 through next week.

I have to say I am very much not unhappy. Before I ordered and I recall this very well I used to think Diesel, over my dead body and look at all those idiots in big cars that they have stretched into and cant afford a decent motor, but its not true.

The 520d is much quicker than you think, really quite amazingly smooth on the motorway and once it has settled down (mine took 25k) capable of 50mpg even on a brisk motorway run

I very much miss my 6 cylinder petrol and the sophistication it provided but the superb ride, stability, interior and sheer class make up for it.

I heartily recommend the 8 speed sport auto too. I can add never an automatic to my earlier thoughts but apart from the odd mistake (it cant read my mind unfortunately) it is the future.

What do I plan next time you may ask. Well a 428i msport coupe is my answer. Not because my 520d is not superb which it is but because I don't really need such a big car and yes I would like some more power, however and I cant stress this enough, come car replacement time (1 year) if I cannot afford that car and an exact replacement offers best value I will very happily have the same again.
Appreciate 0