United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
I'm running into the same problem -- BMW dealer is telling me that the Meisterschaft EV controlled exhaust is hitting the outside of both sides of 2012 OEM M5 rear diffuser. What modification did you have done to rear diffuser to make the application work? Rear diffuser already painted and exhaust installed and this is the news I'm getting...frustrating. Any insight is appreciated!
Unfortunately you may have a problem SoCalKid, issue will be the Meisterschaft cans. Don't know what the size of them are but you are limited space wise under the rear of the F10 on all models unfortunately due to the rear tire well which houses either a rear tire or electronics. So your rear cans may not be able to be fitted to the M5 rear valance without significant modifications. Problem is the M5 tips sit more inboard than on the other models and so when the rear valence is retrofitted with a stock exhaust or even some of the OEM ones...they may or may not fit due to the location of the rear valence cutouts on the M5 valence. Options I were given by my shop were buy a new exhaust (with smaller cans), buy an aftermarket CF valence to fit the cutout locations (i.e. Vorsteiner), or have the modify the rear chassis to try to get some space to make it fit (i.e. cutting into the rear well/subframe assembly)!

Others have done it successfully but not with OEM cans I don't think! Do a search and look at my post on my install attempt and you'll see what I am talking about. I;ve included the pics from my install that they took and sent me to show you what I mean. Good Luck.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0