karmakal
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G30 530D (iX50 on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromirke View Post
Hi Karmakal,
Can you keep us posted on the ease of delivery. I am also planning to do the same and also living in Belgium.
Do you have to change the front lights or will the F10 be delivered directly with the correct Belgium conform lightblocks.
Thx,
Not sure about the lightblocks.
Is there a special regulation in Belgium that does not apply elsewhere in the EU ?
As far as I know the car is supplied with EU conformity certificate and I understand this is all I need to register the car in Belgium.

My car is scheduled for delivery around mid-September. I will be able to tell you more by that time.

As opposed to what I believed, it's not possible to get your license plates in Belgium before collecting the car in UK. You get temporary UK plates valid for one month. Insuring the car with temp. UK plates in Belgium is no problem. All I need to do is call my agent before collecting the car and inform him of the chassis nr. of the new car.

So while your temp. plates are still valid you have to pay VAT, clear the customs (for a new car it seems to be quite straightforward and costs only 1 EUR stamp on a form). Once you have cleared the customs you receive a form that will allow you to obtain the Belgian license plates at the DIV (or transfer your current ones to the new vehicle).

I understand there's a customs office next the DIV so customs + DIV registration can be done in one stop.

PS : as you're from Belgium pls note the UK car is the 184 hp version and on-the-road tax will cost you about twice as much as the Belgian 162 hp tax-friendly version.

Last edited by karmakal; 07-15-2010 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0