View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #72
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Actually, no. You're really off the mark here. I ordered a fully-loaded '12 550xi back in January, and took delivery in March. Shortly after taking delivery I started modding the car. I ultimately ended up with Dinan Stage 4 (replacing the stock intercoolers), Dinan exhaust, suspension, and some other miscellaneous bits. 525hp or so (I think - never was quite sure).

I figured with all of the upgrades I had a worthy M5 contender. The car was a beast. Insane acceleration, good handling, confident cornering. Replacing the wheels with lightweight HRE's and adding better rubber helped tons with drivability and stability at high speed.

Then, while on a biz trip in Europe, I made the expensive mistake of driving the F10 M5. Holy shit. I wasn't expecting there to be such a dramatic difference between the two cars. After all, I had ARS, DDC, and all the bells/whistles you could shove on the xDrive 550.

It's more than just marketing. It's an M car. And I'm not looking back. I should've kept my E92 M3 a bit longer and not ordered the 550, but in the end, I'm happy - and that's what counts.

I think a lot of the comments on here are driven by jealousy. My oil pump is fine. My car handles great. I don't have "M" problems. Never have, to be honest in any M vehicle I've owned/leased. I can't say that for some other brands. Maybe my luck will change and I will become jaded, but for now I love my purchase and can't wait to get behind the wheel every time I can.

As for the OP and his new business - if his customer is happy with the end result, that's what matters. I disagree with the approach and personally would not be content but in the end it doesn't matter. It would just be nice to voice a dissenting opinion and not be called a hater, etc.
Then could you tell me what the difference was? If your modded 550ix dinan was such a beast.. why is the M5 better?

You want people to be jealous of you M5, that is why you came here. You want to be admired for something you purchased .. but if you cannot even tell us why your M5 is so great.. perhaps admiration cannot be bought?

Well, technically, you ARE in a F10->M5 conversion thread, and you ARE telling us how one should not do it .. then definitions don't matter.
Appreciate 0