06-22-2014, 12:06 AM   #14
STORM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Space Gray/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeep1 View Post
Practical thread. I use a system similar to gTron. I would recommend not using an "absorber", especially if you use a wax and dry or detailer when wiping down. Get a massive MF drying towel like the uber one from Detailers Domain. I got an amazing one for $10 from Target. I used an Absorber all my life and now will never go back.

I do need better tools for cleaning my wheels and wheel-well. I am guilty of using my old car wash water to clean the wheels last

The 2 bucket system is crucial and I just started doing that recently.

I would love to get a system down for a less abrasive cleaning (no wiping). My friends sometimes tease me that I may cause more damage than good for washing my car as often as I do. I guess it's true that all that wiping and washing and drying can cause damage. I know a proper coat of wax should protect it from washes, but I don't have time to wax often.
If you aren't a fan of waxing, but wash often, use a 2 bucket setup with grit guard $8. Be sure the paint is clean and free of flaws, wax buildup, fallout, etc, and purchase Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, Auto Geek sells it. It's a synthetic polymer sealer that is simply incredible. Watch the video on Auto Geek on how to prep and apply properly and you are good for 6 months. No matter what anyone says, I can tell a huge difference with Car Wash soap. Like anything else, you get what you pay for. Try a bottle of Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, you'll only need a capful or two for a wash, and it works awesome $25.

Good Luck