View Single Post
      04-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #35
riku2
Rep
Drives: f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
Looks way too involved. Is it that hard to simply close the trunk? I didn't get it either, and honestly, I wished I had for about a half a second and then forgot about it. Just something else to break.
actually I feel the same way. My first F10 had manual trunk and the current one is motorized (it was a used car so I didn't specify this as an extra).
When opening the motorized version is much slower than the manual version (which springs up pretty quick).
When closing it's nice not to have to touch the lid (or try to slam it shut hard enough with the inside handle) and having one button to press to lock the car and close the trunk is nice. But I would not pay for this as an extra.

And i'm still not sure what happens when the boot is really full of luggage. With the manual version you gently shut the lid and find out if it will shut, or re-arrange things and try again. With the motorised one it will no doubt motor down until it encounters some resistance and then stop. But this is not going to be as sensitive as closing it yourself by hand as with the manual version since you take more care if you know the lid might not fit.
Appreciate 0