View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #92
CSL3.2
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M Sport

New here, same question really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl8474 View Post
Thoughts on 265 fronts and 295 rears with the OEM 343 set up? Too aggressive?
Hi, have been following this thread for a couple of weeks now and was also hoping for a definitive answer. However the opportunity to buy a set of OEM 343 wheels and tyres came up and I've bought them, so fitted with 265 /35 fronts and 295 / 30 rears. The fronts fit although quite a snug fit but the rears protrude the arch by a few millimetres and don't look quite right. So it looks like I need to go to either a 275 or 285 section to cure this? I've checked with Michelin and they say the 10" rim is the maximum for the 275, and the 285 is the correct size. I'm just wondering if the 285 is enough of a reduction to fit inside/flush with the arch?

It seems from comments on here both work and whilst I guess the 275's are the safe option I'd like to know if anyone has fitted the 285 / 30 option with no issues and that it does not protrude at all? I want to order the new tyres asap but want to make sure I get it right! Appreciate all the feedback so far but would still welcome any personal experiences, thanks.
Appreciate 0