View Single Post
      12-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #906
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Encouraging tp hear. I was just at the camera store at lunch since it is around the corner from work. I picked up a Hoya 9 stop ND for my 70-200 since i like long exposure shots. It is dangerous to have the store this close. I was talking to my sotre rep about dumping my T2i for a 7D since I would still like to have a crop camera for the focal lenght boost they give you and since the 7D is great for those wildlife action shots like DC takes. I tried to get some shots of a Hawk last weekend and they did not tun out well because the camera could not keep focus it seemed. The D60 may be better still than the T2 in this respect and it has a better viewfinder. the T2i viewfinder is basically useless I find. To dark and small. Most of the time I can not tell if anything is in focus. It seems to be a common complaint from users.

I will try to get a pic that I know has some noise in it and see how it turns out at 11x14 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
don't forget, even if the image doesn't turn out how you want it, just a simple crop when post processing can turn a boring picture into one that tells a story.

Also, my buddy has on his wall a picture that he took, it was printed to about 46" across, it was taken on an XTi (10 mp i believe) which he cropped. It is flawless at that size, and with a bottom of the line camera and lens.

so don't put too much weight on your equipment. Yes every bit helps, and can make it more enjoyable. But a simple bottom of the line SLR can make some beautiful images.
Appreciate 0