08-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveI View Post

The body goes back to the nice inverted V shape when looking at the car from the front or back and that gives a very sporty look to the car IMO, I didnt like how the E60 gave that up and could look like a refrigerator from certain angles (dont get me wrong, im a big fan of the E60!). What I mean is this shape when you look from the rear

/-----\
/_____\

You get the idea

From the rear, the car looks well put together with little perceptible gaps and should look chunky and solid. WHat im not completly sold on are the rear taillights which look far too angular from what we are seeing so far. It could be that rounded details are simply masked from sight but I hope the rear lights are not completly angular as it will look very similar to the just released E Class which I don't particularly like
I'm totally on board with your assessment regarding the shape. I also like how the rear view just looks chunkier/meatier and has a strong muscular shape. Part of this I think is owing to how rear window on the F10 flows more directly into the trunk line rather than a more drastic change like on the E60, as well as its shorter overhang compared to the E60.

Appreciate 0