View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 11:10 AM   #3250
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Did I miss a write-up on you doing this? Necessary coding, wiring and such? Are the M5 seats more comfortable than the comfort seats?

Your interior is
Nobody really wants a writeup of an interior change .....the picture below would scare them away....

BTW, the whole interior and dash had to come out of the vehicle for the 4-zone mod...the stratification is different from the 2.5 zone climate control system.

I did NOT have to break open the A/C system....I just disassembled the 2.5 zone air distribution box, and rebuilt the 4-zone air distribution box up around the A/C evaporator....but I did have to disconnect the cabin heater radiator.

The wiring came from a donor vehicle (bought the whole harness and pulled out the wires I needed, which weren't much...most of the wires were between the front controller and the rear controller. It made it a plug-and-play Mod.

Coding was even easier....add 4NB (4-zone) to the vehicle order, and update the front controller IHKA (A95), the rear controller FKA (A39) and the Central Gateway Module (A51) via ESYS.

Although this looks intense, it was not....the whole interior and dashboard came out in less than 3 hours, and went back in an hour.....the hard part was buying all the pieces and tidbits required to make this a "FACTORY" install.

You want to do this in the same day....as the "left-over-screw" quantity grows proportional to the number of days you don't work on your project.
Attached Images

Last edited by M_Bimmer; 04-01-2024 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 8