06-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #42
Augu$tu$
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
5er Gran Turismo is a euro-market-centric vehicle where it meets it's sales obligations. The car is also a strong seller in Russia and other Eastern European markets.

In Asia and especially China. 5er Gran Turismo is seen as a more exclusive choice to the domestic market 5er Li.
Let me get one thing clear again. 5er Gran Turismo is meeting it's projected targets for a low volume vehicle. Customers who have purchased the GT feel that the car meets their expectations and are happy with their choice.

Just because the 5er GT does not succeed in the USA does not mean the car fails elsewhere. Many seem to think that is the case. In regards to the F11 debate in the USA , Sales were not meeting projected targets, no one bought them even when people knew about them , and even when they were in the showrooms customers took the X5 instead.

Finally GT is not and is not intended as the media portray, a competitor to the Audi A7 , Mercedes-Benz CLS or Porsche Panamera. The specifics of the GT are worlds apart from those car's.
Whether it sells minimal amounts in some countries, it's still seen as ugly around the world. Every country hates the back end of this car. The boot lid is a gimmick. It might sell well in Russia or China, but I bet the reviews they give it there still say it's ugly. China would buy anything with a BMW badge, so that really means nothing. They're just excited to have BMW period.

And I'm pretty sure BMW doesn't create something like this to meet a small demand in some countries. They always plan to exceed expectations and have a successfull production cycle wherever they release the car. Take this garbage away and give NA the M3 GTS and M3 EVO.
Appreciate 0