06-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #64
Clifton
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars with tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Really? Well before? A whole year before? Whew, that's a lot of time in car-years. As I previously stated the BX was a contemporary of the Fiero, not like it was in development 8 years before the Fiero as comparatively is the distance in time between the Z1 and the Fiero. The Fiero and BX were concurrent developments, where as the Z1 and Fiero were not.

Again, making up arguments just so you can pretend to win them.

BTW, the Soya Bean car reference really made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Ignore the facts if you like, fine by me. You still have not proven wrong my initial statement that the Fiero developed the concept of a self-supporting monocoque chassis with bolt-on, no-load-bearing plastic panels for the body over 8 years before BMW. I'm sure when the Z1 came out in 1989, the Fiero engineers, said "Been there, done that, have the coffee mug to prove it." By the time the Z1 was "announced" in August 1986 Pontiac had already sold almost 300,000 Fieros.

Let's recap the wrongs
Your original argument which in no way is correct:
Quote:
The construction design of a "self-supporting monocoque" with plastic body panels had already been pioneered by General Motors
Then you compound your failed argument, by back pedaling and claiming you never said the above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
So for the record I never wrote nor implied the following:
GM Fiero "pioneered" a self-supporting monocoque
GM Fiero "pioneered" a car with plastic body panels
Then you posted this gem where you knowingly tried to misrepresent the real story behind the "mystery fiero" photo. Very desperate and manufactured on your part.
Quote:
So let's just examine this picture....... But we’d surely not think that maybe BMW was reverse engineering the Fiero; that would be blasphemy!
Next up, you claim that GM-Fiero "pioneered" plastic body panels and that no car other than the Feiro and excluding the Corvette, had mass produced plastic panels. Wrong - which I've documented the history and use of plastic panels above.
Quote:
Second, you’re just plain wrong about the use of plastic panels in mass produced cars.
Then over and over you've said "I'm done", yet continue to post. You've yet to maintain that and now you've even modified your position on that.

Perhaps now would be a good time for you to create another one of your alias that you post under separately. Much like you've done in the past (aka Casper) where you come to your own aid with supporting posts in an effort to manage and correct all these rolling arguments you have going. That is just sad and embarrassing.

These checkmates are getting easier and easier.

Last edited by Clifton; 06-24-2012 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: missing HTML tag, wording
Appreciate 0