10-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
tnikolov
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGr View Post
If the possibility for a premium selection 535d existed i would go for it, but portugal is a small country and there's none available!!

i'm inclined towards 535d, but would like opinions of people who have driven the both cars and if the extra power and engine is worth over 40% of the price of a 525d.
If you can afford to get the new 535d, I'd say go for it. You'll never regret it. This car has massive torque, I really love it!

With that said, I only buy brand new vehicles should I intend on keeping them for a long period of time - eg. 5+ years, like AP said. My wife drives the family SUV (a Land Cruiser) which I got brand new and will be (hopefully) keeping for a long time to surve its purpose and drive my kids and dogs around safely.

On the other hand, as much as I'd like my bimmers, I tend to change them at shorter periods of time (eg. 1-2 years), usually because of a massive desire for more torque and horsepower - another reason to consider the 535d in the first place

Depreciation value for that period is TREMENDOUS if you buy it brand new. It might be true you lose 80% of the cars' cost in 5-7 years, but you lose 50 of those just the first year or so. I personally don't mind pre-owned cars, should they be in excellent condition (like the Premium Selection program) and have the specific extras I want. Color might be a problem when choosing one tho.

More on Premium Selection - I think no other country in Europe is large enough to provide you with a good spec'd 535d Premium Selection F10 other than Germany. In Germany things are different tho, loads of <1y/o F10's at very reasonable pricing. Since there's no Import tax within the EU and you'd get to drive a 535d on a German highway, checking out at http://mobile.de website might be a worth considering as an option. Just checked, 240+ 535ds of 2011 there, I'm guessing a lot of those are Premium selection vehicles with warranty
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0