danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
At the end of Rises, you don't get that as much. You feel like they're about to tell Robin's story and you know they aren't. Is he the 'new' Batman? Is he to be Batman's sidekick? For the conclusion of a trilogy, I felt like I had a lot of questions still.
Blake WAS Robin the entire time. He was there helping batman/gordon even while Wayne was down. He was the sidekick of Batman, only he did it without the need of a mask (which he said in his own words). Batman/Bruce taught him a few pointers (use the mask to protect those you love, count to 5 and throw this), knowing that Blake would be a suitable replacement, not as a sidekick.

I felt the conclusion was pretty explicit and clear cut. The movie doesn't need to explain Blake's story. This entire trilogy was about Bruce Wayne's transformation to Batman. After this entire ordeal, we finally get the sense that Bruce Wayne can FINALLY be himself without identifying himself as Batman (Alfred's wish from the start). He finally gets to retire and move on with this life. He wanted to find a person to take over the job of guarding Gotham (originally Dent from TDK) after creating the "symbol" he set out to create in the first place (Batman Begins), and he gets to do that with Blake. Nolan did a great job combining all the recurrent themes from the first two movies extremely well.

Now, the movie itself had a great story line, but the execution wasn't as great as I had hoped. There were too many things going on (Selina Kyle, Bane, Talia, League of Shadows). In fact, this movie would've been a lot better had it been split into two movies. There would be more opportunities for better story development. That being said, I think all of the actors/actresses did a fantastic job with the character development within the small time frame that they had. Favorite character of the movie? Alfred. Michael Caine only had about 10 minutes of acting in the film yet his portrayal of Alfred had more of an effect than any other character in the series. Fuckin onions. Gary Oldman comes in a very close second. Flashback with the boy and the coat.

Overall great Batman movie; certainly not the best of the trilogy, but I'm satisfied with TDKR as an ending.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0