View Single Post
      12-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #51
E39hijinks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Lexus

I agree. This guy sounds like a your typical (I'm into photography) photographer who isn't REALLY into photography but goes to costco and gets the "BEST" (gotta love that word) dSLR kit he can buy complete with all the bells, whistles, accessories thinking it'll make him a great photographer. Then he chucks it on ebay 2 weeks later and moves onto a new "hobby." Truth is great photography has little-to-nothing to do with your camera. Gotta love people who NEED the "BEST" and want the "BEST" and have no real knowledge on anything. Please, people. Genuinely like something, learn about it instead of demanding "THE BEST" and talking about things you know nothing about. BMW is making these cars--not you. I think they have a better idea on what the "BEST" is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Don't make a statement like that unless you have spoken to the majority of owners. When we are talking the //M division, performance is everything, but the less performance oriented cars, the ZF automatics they have are REALLY good, smooth and are even really good in "manual" mode if its the upgraded ZF with the full torque converter lock-up and rev-matching.

Also, you can't talk about an enthusiast's wants and needs if you are talking about the xi version of the car, you have already taken a step back, many enthusiasts who want every bit of performance will opt for RWD and snow tires and would view the xi as a step back more than what type of "automatic" trans the car comes with.

Cheers,
e46e92
Appreciate 0