View Single Post
      10-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
dmcsweeney
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 520d SE ED

Windscreen Replacement

Hi all,
on my drive home yesterday I got pelted with small stones falling from a mixer truck. It chipped the screen in several places, and one developed into a 7" crack last night. I also picked up a few stone chips on the front bumper. The truck failed to stop but I got the registration and company name and drove to their depot. I got a call from the driver this morning explaining that he'd accidentally engaged the discharge on the mixer as he drove and thrown out water and gravel. He's paying for the screen, and after looking at the chips I've decided to touch them in (genuine paint from the dealers which he is also paying for). The bumper already has a few minor marks and I don't fancy having it painted. A screen has already been sourced in a reputable installers and can be fitted tomorrow. If there anything I need to look out for, for example the rain sensing wipers etc? The car is a '12 520d SE. Can after market screens cause trouble? I've only ever had one replaced in the past and I did think it was not as sturdy as the genuine (jaguar) one.
Thanks,
Dave
Appreciate 0