View Single Post
      04-15-2017, 10:19 PM   #7
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Pray you don't get your car back with more problems than it went in with....
I think your point here is key. Here is my advice:

1. Always wait one (1) year before having a BMW tech fix a rattle in the dash. Or, a squeak from inside the cabin. Now, I am only referring to minor rattles and squeaks not tied to anything mechanical or critical.

2. Really? You're going to have some junior tech dig around in your robot built, hi tech, super buggy?

3. Gee, what can possibly go wrong with reporting a squeak or rattle for immediate repair?

O Not all screws or panel adapters will be properly replaced.
O A new problem can arise.
O Your car will be driven hard by the tech.
O Your car will get dinged.
O The tech will spray foam inside the panel causing your car to smell like dead fish
O The universe and your car is constantly transitioning from order to disorder. The junior tech will only speed up this process.
O When you get time, pull your new bimmer into the garage and study it with the hood opened. Examine the hardware. Examine the wiring harness. Open the fuse box panel in the trunk. Examine the wiring. Now, imagine you're a tech from 1950 and this is the first time you've seen a late model bimmer. You would think it were a spacecraft.
O Some well meaning, but uninitiated bloke is going use some dirty wash rag to wipe down the inside of your car and end up scratching your cluster and idrive screen.
O Some SAs treat customers reporting rattles and squeaks as if you reported a UFO or saw Bigfoot. They have no time for this nonsense and retaliate by holding on to the car exponentially longer after each report. (Hmmm, sound familiar?)

So, don't risk it. Just give it a year and see if the rattle settles down on its own. But, for goodness sake, don't let anyone rip apart your beautiful new bimmer.

It just isn't worth it.

Listen to me. Trust me.

Stop obsessing over the rattle and go drive your new BMW!
Appreciate 0