Thread: Bad Tint Shop
View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 convertible

damn sad to hear that. Looks like to me you went to a shabby place. The whole "special crap" is BS. thats how they get you. look the film is purchased in rolls. Ends up coming out to like $30-40 for the amount of material they use. The rest goes to shop. Ive tinted every single car i owned. (8) and the first 3 I got suckered with the whole "special this" "special that". Then I learned. So when I went to get my 550 tinted I called a different shop from the one I go to, they quoted me $225 because "thats a special car" for all windows and $100 for windshield. I called back my shop and said " hi i just spoke to x shop and they said $325 for everything tinted on 550, but Im not paying that" so they said well how much do you want to pay, I said at most $250 including windshield, and even then I know I'm overpaying" he said ok bring it. Went like 20 min later and the owner said "you were the one that called? why did you even go to another shop and not straight here?" well I just wanted to find out what the prices were" he just grinned. I was out the door in under 2 hours. The one that gave him the most trouble was front windshield. and after he did it the next day I noticed so many bubbles that nevr came off and like 3 hugs scratches he must have done with blade. went next day and had it replaced, no charge. Lesson is when you see someone giving you bs excuses to charge more for something, LET THEM KNOW YOU KNOW ITS BULLSHIT, guarantee you they will change their attitude very quick!