Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
AutoWeekUSA does a Flash Drive of the upcoming 535i

Name:  f10img.jpg
Views: 2084
Size:  150.8 KB

AutoWeekUSA has done a really nice synopsis of the upcoming F10 535i. Here are some select quotes from the full article which you can read by following the link down below.

Quote:
On the highway, the 535i's engine is barley audible at a steady cruise. That's because BMW geared the eight-speed automatic so high, you rarely need more than 2,000 rpm; the top gear runs a 0.667:1 ratio.

Quote:
The new electro-mechanical steering system with rear-wheel steer makes the 535i even more maneuverable around town than before. With optional adjustable suspension in comfort mode, the low-speed ride is sufficiently supple to soak up broken surfaces with authority. This car is terrifically composed with great stability, a nice tied-down feel and hugely impressive refinement at higher speeds.

In fact, the one fundamental change in character that immediately captured my attention is its apparent calmness. I worried that the sportiness that has been a hallmark of the 5-series may have been compromised.

Those worries were put to rest when I found a challenging coastal road. The combination of steered front wheels and counter-steering rear wheels greatly reduces the work rate for the driver. Even on winding roads, you rarely need to call up more than a quarter-turn of the steering wheel.
Quote:
Do I want it?

It'd certainly be in the running if my bank manager ever gave the go-ahead--not that he's likely to anytime soon!

When you line it up against the Mercedes-Benz E-class, Audi A6, Jaguar XF and Cadillac CTS, the new 5-series looks to have the edge in some, if not all, areas.
Source: AutoWeekUSA

** Also see the F10 5-series review compilation thread for more reviews.