View Single Post
      11-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
islandnipper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY 2012 F10 520d SE

You're going through the same deliberations as I went through a few months ago, when changing from my end of lease 530i E60 to either a (originally 530?) F10 or an A6... Sounds like we may be using the same lease Co. as, like you, we get Pro-Media thrown in on the BMWs.

In the end the BMW won out both on tax, driving feel and features and, three weeks after delivery, I have no regrets whatsoever.

The thing that amazed me though, (after being firmly committed to 3 litre straight-sixs in both 330is and 530is before) is that I was persuaded (by colleagues who had gone down the same route) to change to a 520d, initially for significant tax savings and a nod to the environment. I thought I'd never see the day and I picked up the car with some trepidation, but am pleased to say (actually, amazed to say!) that I'm very pleased with it indeed and don't feel that I'm missing out much at all. I did include a few toys though... (here's a link to the spec and pics if I haven't completely glazed your eyes over with boredom LOL!)...

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598432

I should add that I'm only amazed about being happy with the smaller engine: I was always sure that the F10 was a very worthy successor to the E60 and nothing has changed my mind on that score!

Best of luck with your decision... I think you know that the answer is BMW!

Last edited by islandnipper; 11-06-2011 at 06:18 AM..
Appreciate 0