06-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Need help in Germany

Hey there!

I was wondering if I could get some help regarding the Apps/TV Function debate.

As you may have seen elsewhere in another topic, very recently I ordered the MY2013 F11 535d here in Germany. However, I had to drop the (6NR) BMW Apps function at the eleventh hour because for MY2013 the official intranet configuration software that dealers use was forcing (601) TV Function in every time Apps was checked in. Ultimately, to have a €150 option I would have to fork out €1.300. I was pissed off with it and dropped BMW Apps from my spec, which is now finalized and processed for a delivery in September. I have always thought that having TV in a car is a pure waste of money and at the end of the day I wasn't willing to include it just because of the Apps.

So my question is: can any of you contact your local trusted dealer—ideally a German one—in order to get confirmation from another source on whether this "bundling" is inevitable or not? Even though I might not be missing much as of now (only Facebook, twitter and internet radio), I am afraid BMW will be adding a lot more apps in the near future—useful apps, I mean—that I won't be able to use because of this.

Thank you very much in advance. Your kind help will be highly appreciated!
Appreciate 0