12-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #17
528imsport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniemcm View Post
Globally quality is good. Though one time there was a taxi getting out of a parking entrance and while getting on the first line, turn his wheels very sloppily and bitting the second line where I was. Almost hit me
And when I wanted to check the recording, it was a bit blur but i am thinking of the state of my car which was (and is now too) very dirty
Hence I couldn't check correctly is car plate to complain. Also I guess that I was going forward and he was, I think, trying not to follow me and avoid the recording to snap his car plate. Actually the few times I avoided an accident, the taxi (yes guess why always) slowed down and changed line to avoid the cam. They are quite smart as*, they can see the mounted cam and keep low profile when they are jack-as*ing on the road ...

But as time flies i guess new stuff are out with better quality.
Also something that your camera quality can't beat is the dirtiness of the glass, the weather condition and the time of the day (I checked samples during heavy sunlight and can't see a thing with the reflection and direct sunlight)

Sorry forgot completely of the video review, so lazy to post and describe each different situation.
As lot of people say, the mounted cam is like a cop in your car, once people see it, they will try to avoid you. Except sometimes they don't have the time to see it, or should I say when they drive without seeing what there is around them
this is why I am planning to upgrade my old 1 to a Full HD cam
Appreciate 0