05-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
M535
PinOyBIMER
Pitcairn Islands
Rep
Drives: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPos View Post
Thank you for the write up. I've got a question about what you saw when you had the bumper cover off.
Background: I had the OEM standard bumper cover removed and replaced with an OEM M Sport bumper which I bought from an auto salvage yard in Houston. When I got it, it clearly had been in the sun and dirt for a long time. A local San Diego collision repair center prepped, primed and painted the bumper cover. I gave them the M Sport pieces that had to be changed behind the bumper cover. As you can see in my attached photo, the fitment of this OEM M Sport bumper cover is really horrible where it meets the center of the trunk lid. My guess is that either the salvaged bumper cover was deformed by being improperly stored in Houston's heat, or that during the installation, the body guy missed some alignment tabs which are supposed to hold the bumper cover's upper surface in the correct alignment.

So, the question for you, when you had your bumper cover off, did you notice any slots or tabs into which the bumper cover's upper flat surface is supposed to be placed?

I was going to take the car to a high-end shop and ask them for a second opinion, but with your DIY you have given me a way to fix this problem for myself, and saved me time and money!

Thank you!
Good question beacause i was not the guy who removed my M tech center piece.. I'll look into my center piece and see weather or not it has tabs or not..will let u know..

Btw i took my car at the shop first and their was some issues with fitment so they removed the center piece there..
Appreciate 0