View Single Post
      02-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #47
Iwan M
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi guys - Have to admit that I don't own an F10 but I do have a Bimmer though so hope I can get some advice here

I have a media snap-in adapter with all the options needed to run apps and plug-in. When I have only my iPhone 4S in the cradle I can play both music and video files using either the plugin in external devices or through the connected drive menu. One flaw I have noticed is that music will intermittently stop playing when I have the connected App open on the iPhone while using the plugin - seems like a bug?

Anyway - my main question - I also have an USB/ Aux option in the armrest. I have an IPod classic connected to this USB port and it works like a charm. However, having both the IPod connected to USB and the iPhone connected through the cradle causes a conflict which ultimately causes the cradle to fail. The cradle will not charge the IPhone, nor will it connect to the iPhone.

Is this a known bug, or perhaps not even a bug but a known restriction? According to my BMW dealer (whom I just took delivery from) the pair of them can not coexist and work together which for me raises the question as to why the USB port was made available in the first place?

If the combo IPod/ iPhone does't work per design is there another combination that will work? I have a lossless format music collection of 140GB and neither the IPhone nor the internal HDD of the CIC cater for my needs.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion to get this working one way or the other.

Cheers - Iwan
Appreciate 0