View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 07:54 AM   #62
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck914 View Post
Nothing in particular that I'm trying to "get to". I guess I just got motivated seeing it as an "upgrade". And preventative maintenance for $100. I don't typically get stranded. But would hate if I was. Hpfp goes out car will go into limp mode. LPFP goes and your a sitting duck. Car has 127k on it now so I figured sooner than later. I went with the lp450 ends in 267. I have the newest version jb4 installed and figured it might be cool to do the whole e85 thing. But I'm second guessing using that in my car. Lots of mixed reviews/myths about it.
That's a good idea. Always best to do these things on your terms than when they decide go to out.

Every car will be different, but I can tell you that based on my logs, my 2011 (so I have the Continental HPFP), running FBO and E30 with a max of 12psi (problem being trouble-shot this week hopefully, see my Boost Troubleshooting thread for reference), my HPFP is holding at 1650psi. I'll still upgrade the LPFP as I doubt it'll keep up once I fix my boost issue (sitting just over 112k miles right now)