View Single Post
      07-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #94
superbuick
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I've been driving MT cars since around 1983, including several BMW's and also know about track time, heel toe shifting, rev matching and everything else.............INCLUDING ON THE 2013 535 MT 6 SPEED IN MY GARAGE.

I wouldn't get one again on a car this large, heavy and since you can't hear the engine with the stock exhaust it's hard to tell what the engine is doing anyway, it's harder to rev match...and with so much other sh*t to manage with your free hand.....meh. Get over yourself.

Oh, and the reason you have to shift from 1st to 3rd is because you can only take 1st up to about 5 miles per hour before you have to find 2nd if you want to shift smoothly, at which point you might as well go for 3rd. Derp.

Who said anything about shifting from first to third? I certainly didn't - and I don't. I can, however, if I want to, and I and others like that. I also dont have any issues shifting smoothly from any gear into any other gears.

As far as me getting over myself, and "derp" ( cool Internet slang!) owning the same car with a stick and disliking it does not make you an expert at driving stick. If you want to swing d!cks and personal insults over an Internet discussion on transmissions in a sedan, show us some credibility. Maybe some SCCA wins? NASA? LeMons? Take and post a picture of your racing trophies, with your username in the picture. I'll post mine and we'll see who the big d!ck is at advanced driving techniques, no "derp" necessary.

I don't have other 'sh*t' to manage with my free hand. I'm driving, that's what my hands are being used for. Am I in the minority of people using it for that, and preferring a manual, yes. The numbers don't lie. But that doesn't take away from the fact that me, and others, bought this car specifically for the manual, and if it didn't have it we wouldn't be driving one. I'd say that's pretty cool and passionate, a great endorsement of the car, and worth sharing with the original poster who asked about the stick.
Appreciate 0