View Single Post
      07-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
radarguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440ix, 2023 X3 M40ix

I'm not sure how good a $600 installation would be. My F10 without HUD, but all the other windshield stuff cost $875 for OEM parts at "insurance company rates". $300 was for parts other than the windshield. Total was $1425 including labor. SAFELITE would do it for about $850 including labor. See the attached for the BMW invoice.

I checked SAFELITE out. They would have me drive the car in and I'd be done in 90 minutes at which time I should wait 24 hours "before I go through a car wash". The BMW dealer said they will keep the car in their shop for 24 hours at proper ambient temperature so that the windshield does not move while the sealant cures. SAFELITE guarantees against leaks, BMW guarantees against leaks, wind noise and the consequences of those leaks such as ruined electronics behind the dash panel. All the stuff on the windshield (rain sensor, headlight sensor, lane sensor) remains under BMW warranty with a BMW repair. With someone else s repair, you might have a contentious warranty situation for those items.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0