View Single Post
      03-14-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

to set off. Foot on brake
Parking brake off (pull "lever" button up)
push button on side of gear knob and pull back once so it goes into drive. It will light up so its obvious what mode it is in.
Once in drive, foot off brake and apply gas.

If you don't end up putting it in drive and end up leaving it in neutral, the car will tell you and sound a gong.

Basically just remember to push the button on the side of the gear knob to change mode. You may have to move it twice, ie from Drive t Park, push twice so it first goes into neutral and then into park.

Neutral, I've never left the car in that mode for anything.

traffic lights, just leave foot on brake. You will fin in traffic at slow speed you don't even have to apply gas as it will creep slowly without any gas. youc an control the speed with just the brake. Apply gas if need be.

It certainly won' roll back , it wants to creep forward.
Additonally, the car is fitted with an automatic handbrake on an incline, so if on a steep slope, the car will hold itself where it is when you take your foot off the brake and then apply the gas, so no need to worry about that.(I don't think it holds for ever but certainly enough to move off)

Handbrake, never tried , I've only ever used it when parked.
Are you confusing it with the autoparking brake? you can switch that on and in traffic , it will apply the handbrake and then you can take your foot off the brake. When you want to go just press the gas pedal and the brake will automatically come off. Handy for heavy traffic.

I think that covers the basics, its all pretty obvious and you'll get the hang of it very quickly. The car won't let you do anything stupid, logic will get in the way.

If you push the gear knob over to the left, it goes into a sport mode. It will hang onto the gears for longer. You can press the lever forward and back to manually change gears. Again the gearbox won't let you do anything stupid and it will protect the engine or change up and down to prevent the engine stalling or over revving.

Enjoy, its a great gearbox.
Appreciate 0