07-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
PaulHood
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F07 530d SE GT N57 3.0d

F07 530d SE GT rear tyres

Gary,

Same thing has happened to me today! Car, which is 10 months old and has done 14 300 miles, went to BMW dealer in Newcastle for a check on a slight issue. Telephoned at mid day by service dept saying I needed to replace all 4 tyres and 2 rears were un safe and down to the cords. After a bust up with the dealer I took the car to my local Kwik Fit who inspected the tyres. Indeed 2 rears were as bad as they said but fronts were worn but OK. My tyres are Continental Contisport Contact 3, 245/50R18 100Y run flats. Kwik Fit are fitting 2 new Pirelli P Zeros tomorrow costing me £460.00 for the pair but at least I might get more miles out of these!

During my bust up with the dealer I got the same responce as you that they had never seen this problem before. They ofered to check my car over for wheel allignment for £120 but only after I had new tyres fitted! Considering what I've read this is obviously not an isolated incident and I would appreciate any additional information you may have as I'm not inclined to let this lie.

Paul
Appreciate 0