View Single Post
      07-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #31
pmw103
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dreaming of a F10

@remmib,
Ah yes it could be! In some of the pictures its hard to tell Oyster from Beige. thanks for the suggestion.

@d-rive,
Many thanks for confriming what you ordered. Its really strange, BMW UK says Oyster / Oyster has a Oyster dash, just like your car, the dealer is still adament its has a black dash! We are meeting the dealer

tomorrow to attempt to clarify. In the UK at least most people seam to order black interiors! By far the most common interior on the second hand market. We suspect we are the first customer of theirs to

order Oyster/Oyster.

The interior looks fantastic good to hear the interior is still looking good. The interior on Dad's current 535i (E39/1999) is Beige and is looking a little tired but has done well too!

I was just taking a closer look at your car, you have some nice options, I think I see Comfort Seats, Adaptive Drive and the Night Vision camera.

Dad was planning to order the addaptive drive, as yet we have not had the optertunity to test it on a 530D.
We did manage to drive a 550i GT with it on and to be honest were not impressed with the ride particularly in comfort mode. I do appreciate the GT is different to the Saloon though.
We are now planning to take off the adaptive drive and put the surround view camereas and head-up display instead.

Dad is mainly looking for comfort and they didn't feel it made much difference in comfort mode at least in the GT.
Do you mainly use the normal / sport modes? Have you spent much time with the comfort mode? What's your opinion?
If you have driven an F10 with standard suspension, do you feel the adaptive drive on your car makes a significant difference? Would you order it again?

Thanks for all your help, hope your having a good day
Cheers
Paul
Appreciate 0