View Single Post
      09-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #360
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Your rashes are less serious than I thought. You should have seen mine, they are not rashes but real damages. But the rim shop could make them like new when repaired.

I think you need to dismount your tires to grind smooth the epoxy patches otherwise the outcome won't be good. The rim shop and all the guys as seen in youtube are doing it this way.
How bad are yours? Mine is around 2/3 of front left, only 2 inches of rear left..
i realised only half of it is though the clear, so can perfect fix.. but for mine, the pic is too crap to see its machine finish, which cannot get same surface unless u grind the whole surface level only painted can 100% fix..
It is already dismounted.. are those the sandpaper back grinding discs? im just using sandpaper, and will follow with rubbing compound then polish .. waiting for it in the mail
I'm tempted to put super-thick coat of clear for added protection, but only worth it for machine finish..
I want to see how much damage u did to urs .. is it painted? if so much easier to fix, but still not worth it unless u can get the wheels off easily but u need equipment.. so maybe see if rim repair shop have 10-fix coupon for 2.5k or something ..
Appreciate 0