04-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #34
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjjklj View Post
My 2011 BMW 535i has 173K miles. It is on original water pump which is incredible. The radiator exploded the other night while parked after driving....I was lucky. I am replacing every hose, radiator, and both aux radiators. Parts cost me $1480 using furious method search engine to look for cheapest parts. The car is in great shape and I replaced the suspension last year. I have replaced the coolant before. It sucks as mentioned before that there is no drain plug. I just loosened the lower hose and made a mess. I used the vacuum method to refill with the Schwaben tool. The tool is worth getting if you own any BMW as it makes it super easy to fill and check for leaks before filling.
173K - nice! Which Schwaben tool exactly did you get?

I still find it interesting that so many talk about filling and using the electric pump venting method and that's it, but then so many also post about gurgling, even when they have mechanics do the work. There simply doesn't seem to be the number of vents required in the various locations in the system to do it the "old way" and TIS lists the vacuum fill method as the only method.

Annoying...
Appreciate 1
Wjjklj99.00