06-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
bimmernic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 (523)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
This might be of some importancy for EU continental F10 owners:

You might think:"Robin RTFM" but anyway. I've driven my 535iA with 704 sportssuspension(1 cm lowered and a bit more sporty chassis, no electronics I thought, not available icw all the electronic handling stuff, only available atm in EU continental) for 3 weeks now.

And there is the sportsbutton on the centreconsole: Normal/Sport/Sport+. I just thought , that's about the auto tranny which revs a bit longer in sport/+.

I pushed the button a few times in traffic and didn't notice anything more than imo just a 'placebo'effect, just because I dont have the electronic dampers and stuff. So I switched it back to normal after a few seconds.

Yesterday I kept it in sportsmode and the IDrive said(as ever) :Optimal tranny an CHASSIS for sporty driving(including a picture of the internals of the car) I didn't pay any attention to that, until.....I found out the steering was getting heavier and the suspension was getting more rigid. No placeboeffect at all. The car remains stiffer in bends and the steering is less 'Cadillac'like!

WOW. It's like a free gift!

Another F10(530d Sportautomatic +704 M technik) driver from another dutch carforum confirmed what I said.

Any input from EU F10 drivers with the option 704 icw the sportautotranny?

Cheers
Robin
Robin Hood, AFAIK, the Normal/Sport/Sport+ in the Sports Auto transmission changes the throttle map, the transmission change up points and the steering response. If I understand you correctly, together with the M-Sport (704) suspension, it also affects the suspension, making it stiffer/sportier when Sport/Sport+ is selected. This is very interesting indeed.

Would you be able to post the link to the Dutch car forum that you mentioned?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0