LiveLarger
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73henny View Post
Hi Livelarger.
I read your post with interest. I've just taken delivery of a F10 in Sophisto grey and as yet has never been washed. I'd like to keep swirl marks to an absolute minimum so have been looking for ways to best clean the car. This surfex stuff you mention - how do you apply it? Foam lance?. Also, I read somewhere that the best method of rinsing is just with an open ended hose?, and that its best to let it dry naturally so no contact is made with the paint?

Thanks in advance.
You may use a foam lance yes. I use something like this http://www.clasohlson.com/medias/sys...3708060702.jpg but I think a foam lance would work even better.

I like to use a high pressure washer for rinsing. Most detailers I know about does. If you want to air dry the car, you would need some extremely clean water to make sure you don't get chalk marks and what not. Regular tap water usually won't cut it, and you need to dry it.

You should also make sure surfex hd or soap doesn't dry on the paint. I like to do it indoors or in the shade with very little wind.
Appreciate 0