tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caoimhinog View Post
I have tested this in my F10 with the latest BMW code and IOS 6 beta 2 and it does not work. What it does do is push message notifications to the iDrive and then only a small amount of the text. It does not behave in any way as good as Blackberry.

Apple hAve proven that they can do it, but they haven't done it yet. I am skeptical that we will see this in the launch version of IOS 6.

I really look forward to being told I'm wrong because I would really like this to work.
Really? This is just beta 2 of iOS6. The first beta didn't show the senders name in the header and it was fixed in Beta 2. Apple typically has around 5 beta cycles before the general release. I don't see any reason why it will not improve over time. Also keep in mind that BMW may have to release a Bluetooth software update to address iOS6 just like like the BT update from December that address iOS5. Your running early beta software against BT MAP with a car MFG that doesn't have a firmware update to address the new Phone O/S and it mostly works already. Not bad at all at this stage.

Also, if your gonna come out here and complain it suggests that your not a true beta tester to begin with. Beta releases always contains some from of pain and are never ready for prime time or the general public. The beta release is for developers to migrate their existing code and leverage the new API's. If you can't deal with the pain then go back to 5.1.1 and then when the GA of iOS6 drops you can bitch & moan all you like.

Last edited by tlp; 07-05-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0