View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #32
BigDeep1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Sport - P1, P2

Eddie, thank you so much for sharing this great and detailed review. I like that you tried the mod and were honest enough with yourself to realize you didn't like it.

Your silver F10 bullett is clean! I look forward to seeing what exhaust set-up will make the final cut - no pun intended .

For the n55 (535 F10) guys that have M6 mufflers - may I ask if there is any drone? Also, can the exhaust note be kept at almost inaudible levels to the passengers if I carefully accelerate? I have my 9 month old son and keen wife often riding in the back. If my exhaust mod wakes our sleeping son, I will have more than exhaust drone to worry about .

Also, is there any reason why you guys are using the M6 mufflers? I would think the M5 mufflers (e60) should yield the same results.

This may sound crazy, but has any N55 F10er tried using mufflers from a N54 E90? They have a modest but athletic note (with their exhaust flap mod). Best of all, they should have the best potential to mate with the exhaust output (note) of our 3 liter turbo straight 6.
Appreciate 0