View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
Another set of tires bite the dust

Add me to the growing list of people who have had road hazard (pothole) problems with my 535i. A pothole totally destroyed my left front tire last night. The sidewall has a large rip in it. My right front tire had previously been damaged and had a bubble on it, so the fronts needed to be replaced soon anyway. Now the car is disabled until replacements can arrive hopefully in a couple days. My car has the Goodyear Excellence tires installed on it.

The good news is that I was able to get home on the damaged tire, so the RFTs did save me there.

It's interesting that the Motor Trend long-term evaluation of the F10 535i said great things about the car except for the 4 or 5 tires they had to replace due to damage. I've had this car for a little under 2 years and both of my front tires have been seriously damaged. I've never had this issue before on any other car.

So for all of those people thinking of getting an F10, I'd seriously consider buying the road hazard insurance even though that's something I would normally not do.

Last edited by ibimmer954; 02-23-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0