07-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
TunedIn
BMW Car and Bike Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 535i, '08 750i, '12 K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
I don't know why it's a shorter model run for 2012.

I've had three previous BMWs, 1 arctic silver 97 328I cabrio, 1 2001 titanium silver 330i cabrio, 1 2004 titanium silver M3 cabrio.

I don't like silver anymore. My current car is a black Lexus. I like that but it's too much of a pain to maintain.

For the F10 my ideal color would be Interlagos Blue, but I won't pay up the 5.5k just for paint.
Have you seen Le Mans Blue on a 335i with the M-Sport package ? It really is a great color, IMHO.

I owned a silver MB 190E many years ago, but to me silver now looks boring (both Titanium and Cashmere), and white even more so. Black cars are too hot in SoCal heat, and you're right, they're a bear to keep clean. My wife's 2008 750i is Monaco Blue, very similar to Imperial Blue, and also way too dark, about as bad as black from a heat and cleaning perspective (and boring). Dark Graphite is just a lighter version of black, and Space Grey falls into the boring category (or at least the B&W category). I don't know WHAT color Tasman Green is, it certainly isn't green, really just another grey. (has anyone seen one on the road or at a dealer ? I certainly haven't). Milano Beige is kind of interesting, certainly not boring, but you can't get that color with the M-Sport package, so it doesn't matter anyway. Mojave ? Riiigggghhtt (never seen that one on the road or at a dealer's lot either). Deep Sea Blue or bust, or Le Mans Blue if I REALLY want to be happy.
Appreciate 0