View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
konichowaa
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535d M-sport

Picked-up and returned two days later :(

Hey everyone,

I picked up my new F11 535d last tuesday (dec 02).
It is a titansilver on 350M+wintertires, black/feinschliff/leather dash interior and I got 373M's for the summer on order. It also has all the cool toys on board too.

After the order waiting period I was - like all the rest of us- really excited with it like a little boy far a new toy and after driving it home it truely exceeded all my expectations. Everything that bothered me in my e92 335d coupé was all better now.

HOWEVER...

Today, unfortunately the bmw "Joy" is already FAR FAR lost since I had to return it to the garage two days and/or 217km later, because suddenly smoke from the engine was coming up from the hood and filling up the cabin through the vents...
First looks say it's 'probable' a fuel line problem (white-bluish smoke came from the engine, wet diesel line and the engine had a strong burned diesel smell.)
I already thought I smelled exhaust fumes during or after a ride, but who thinks about a real problem on a brandnew car?
To be Honest, at the time, I thought it was going to go up in flames :-s

It could be a minor problem though, and I know my dealer is not at fault here... but I cannot start to explain what a dissapointment this is for me.

I know it is a longshot, but has anyone else had a similar problem like this?

best regards,
koen
Attached Images

Appreciate 0