View Single Post
      06-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
Rudegar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 E500W

[QUOTE=Mr. Magic;7446652]

Turning to the interior. One car we drove had vented seats. While it was 85F out here (dry) with scorching sunshine, we didn't feel any difference with the seats running full blast (noisy) or shut off. Holes in the seats seemed to alarm me with any spills (ala BP), along with accelerated wear. I thought the seats might also smell/outgass something stale long after the new car smell is worn out.

Excellent Magic. Thanks for the insights. I am still vascillating between 550 and 535. That was helpful to read.

As to the seats: I am in Northern CA as well. I have had ventilated seats on a 540i and a Mercedes E-class. It makes a huge difference on a hot day. It is the difference between your back (and butt) feeling as cool as your front when the a/c is on. I also use it in conjunction with heated seats to keep my back loose on long drives without getting too hot. (I really wish the seat bottom and seat back could be controlled separately for this purpose). There is no smell issue, no wear issue. As to spilling through the holes, I think carrying coffee in the car is a citable offense in Deutschland
Appreciate 0