04-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #12
Yolo360
England
Rep
Drives: F10 Alpline. M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubturbo View Post
Nice stuff! Did you upgrade the amps?
Not yet! I'm just doing more research into this, as I wanted to change over the speakers as I know they're straight forward. Next thing I will investigate the TOP Hifi Amp compactibility with Standard Stereo Amp harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcardz View Post
Where did you purchase the oem top hifi?
I bought it from BMW suppliers in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nison View Post
can you share more about the sub rewiring? i tried this awhile ago but the sub was just flat, not as powerful as the stock one, i checked the spec on both, the stock one is 2 ohms and the top hifi version is 4 ohms.
The bass is definately more "umph" compared to the original one. Regarding wireing:
Standard sub/ socket has 4 connection points, 2 large wire and 2 small wire.
The 2 small cables are the cables to the door speakers which is powered off from the subs.

Top Hifi Sub has only 2 connections, which is in the position of the 2 larger cables, so you simply connect both small cables to the larger ones to feed the power to the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nison View Post
also the part number of the sub is listed as F07 parts, did you have to take the sub out of the box and put it into the old one?
I believe these speakers are shared across the board with F07/ F10/ F13/E90 etc..

I had to remove the new TOP Hifi subs from its original casing and put it into my old ones. Reason being the new ones are much larger boxes and the F10 are more compact. There is not enough space to accomadate the larger ones in F10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardK View Post
i was wondering, do you avoid the warranty after you installed it? that's cool man, you upgraded it by yourself without any problems.
Warranty is not void in anyway. I'm just replacing the speakers for more enhanced ones. It all works the same way as the original speakers. if I put aftermarket speakers/ wiring harness then the warranty is questionable.

The install as you can see from the images is very simple. Mostly plug & play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7AS View Post
I would say only the speaker or maybe the sound system's warranty is void. Just my thoughts though (not 100% sure).
^ .

Thanks guys! The car is so much better now. I still couldn't believe how dissapointing the standard stereo is!

All good now.

Last edited by Yolo360; 04-14-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0