View Single Post
      01-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #9
///MD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumcap View Post
The steering's lack of feel is a common complaint amongst professional reviewers. Most give the edge to the Audi A6 which traditionally has been the one with numb steering. For those looking for something more sporty in a midsize car BMW doesn't offer anything like the S6 except the M5. I would get the M5 but now need AWD. Would like to get a 550i Xdrive M Sport but want it to really feel like an M.
I test drove the A6 back 2 back with the 535 and I was very surprised and some what depressed to find myself enjoying the sporty nature of the A6 far more than the 535. Sadly my persian-ness won't allow me to buy something other than bmw. plus the a6 is not as nice looking as the f10 with m-sport

the steering isn't bad. there's a loss of connected feel to the road when comparing hydraulic vs the electric steering on the f10. not sure how much you can change that but the on center feel needs to be a little tighter. it's all relative. After I get out of my X3 and into my e90 i feel like the e90 is too firm.

Ultimately a little more firm particularly if you're in sport or sport+ wouldn't hurt.