United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Gives you something to look forward to. Thanks for your service and be safe.
Thanks will do. Hopefully this will be shorter than most as we seem to be getting out of dodge now a days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I guess if you buy the 550 used or lightly optioned if new, $14K worth of Dinan might be a better buy.

550's can easily be optioned to over $80K, and and my local dealer has several M5 on the lot that are in the $90K's. So the delta is within the range you are spending on Dinan.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

Rock on.
Which dealer are you refering to? That must be location specific as most M5's I've seen have all listed over $100k and the BEST price I've seen was around $96k and that was for a barely optioned car. I got a nicely optioned 550i that would list for $76k but which I got a significant amount off my deal so for individuals in similar circumstances (who can find a car/dealer and get cash off/deals etc) then yes even if you put $14k of Dinan on the car you'll still fall well below the M5 by at least a few grand. Most dealers I have found have heavily optioned out both cars which often preclude finding a mid optioned/priced car on the lots OR at least that was the case when I got my car last Fall. That is another reason I often build my cars/order vs buying off the lot cause dealers add a bunch of options [often junk] which increases the profit for them but which I would not choose or use or in combos which make no sense other than to add $$$ to the overall price. However my 550i was just right price and option wise even color so it was a steal I couldn't refuse.

But I do agree either way is a great way to spend ones day!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0