06-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #56
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Earlier in this post I mentioned another AIS based website. http://www.aislive.com/ It is a global AIS tracking service that provides real-time information. It can be used for ports all over the world. The reason why you should not use it from the time your ship leaves Bremerhaven is that you need to register for a free trial which gives you only 2 weeks access to the subscriber area. This is iimportant for those whose ships are going to ports not offered to the non-registered user or their voyage is longer than 14 days.
There also seems to be a lag in the time you first register and when you get your sign-in information. Remember to completely fill in the form.
I registered for the free trial, but they wanted to ask me a bunch of questions about how I was going to use the website. They were kind of rude stating that the trial was for companies or people intending to buy the software. Isn't that the point of all trials?

Anyway, I told them to buzz off. I only have a week to go before she docks, and I think I can make it that long without knowing an exact location.
Appreciate 0