View Single Post
      01-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I recently...one week ago...upgrade to a BB Torch and can report that the e-mail portion of increased funtionality now works. I do believe this is indeed a result of the phone having the OS6.

As a result, I now can see all my e-mails I have on my BB, which is of course linked to my office computer. Whether driving or not, you can see what is new or opened via the envelope icon, and from whom the e-mail came. If stationairy, you can open any of the e-mails, scroll through them with the idrive wheel and read them. If driving however, you are not allowed to go beyond what is initially shown on the screen and instead have to press "play" in which the car "female" reads the text ...all of it... to you.

There is no other office functions available right now and am expecting that additional items such as the calenders, meetings, etc. will come with a software update this year. This has been alluded to from BMW.

I sent myself a "nasty" e-mail last week and was surprised that my car new all those bad words..........
Appreciate 0